How To Read Your Meter
METERS ARE FROM ABOUT THE 18TH TO THE 22ND DAY OF EACH MONTH.
(METER READER HAS 2 DAYS BEFORE AND 2 DAYS AFTER THE 20TH TO READ METERS)
HOW TO READ YOUR METER:
1. Remove the lid from the meter box.
2. Open the top of the meter.
3. During the day when there is sunlight the meter should activate and the numbers will be displayed.
4. Late in the day or early morning you may need to shine a flashlight onto the face of the meter in order to activate the meter. (Hold the light about 18" above the meter face)
5. When the numbers come up they will show the amount of water that has been used, it reads like an odometer on a car.
6. After a few seconds the numbers will change to amount of flow goin thru the meter, if only 00.00 is showing no water is going thru the meter and there is no leak. Any number that shows indicates that you are using water or there is a leak and the numbers indicate the number of gallons per minute being used.
7. Close the top of the meter and replace the lid on the meter box.
Please note below under Relevant Documents the link: How to Read Icons and Displays on Meter